Unable to turn off Petrel 3 from menu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LFMarm

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all, recently my Petrel 3 (DiveCAN) is not showing anymore the “Turn off” option in the main menu when used on the surface. According to the manual it should only happens during a dive. The only way to switch it off is by removing the battery. I wonder if this is due to upgrading to the v97 firmware a few days ago. Has anybody experienced this?

Has this been resolved?

Hi all, recently my Petrel 3 (DiveCAN) is not showing anymore the “Turn off” option in the main menu when used on the surface. According to the manual it should only happens during a dive. The only way to switch it off is by removing the battery. I wonder if this is due to upgrading to the v97 firmware a few days ago. Has anybody experienced this?
Contact Shearwater!

Thanks for the update.

It's the first time I had to send in a computer for maintenance and repair and Divretronix has probably the best customer service I have experienced, ever. I asked them if it was safe to send it in only 2 weeks away from a dive trip, they put it in front of the queue and I had it back in my hands 6 days after shipping it out. In addition to repairing the wet contact, they replaced orings, battery cap, etc. Amazing to know they have your back.

I've always had great customer service from these guys and Dive-Rite.

It's the first time I had to send in a computer for maintenance and repair and Divretronix has probably the best customer service I have experienced, ever. I asked them if it was safe to send it in only 2 weeks away from a dive trip, they put it in front of the queue and I had it back in my hands 6 days after shipping it out. In addition to repairing the wet contact, they replaced orings, battery cap, etc. Amazing to know they have your back.
I really hope shearwater will offer that kind of service for EU customers too in the future.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom