Major Problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a major problem, First, Every time I go in the water, water gets in my boots and gloves. I tucked the boots in and and out and water still came in. Should I tie something outside the suit??? I was freezing around my knees and elbow.

Please Help,
thanks

The Great Orca:
Hi,
I have a major problem, First, Every time I go in the water, water gets in my boots and gloves. I tucked the boots in and and out and water still came in. Should I tie something outside the suit??? I was freezing around my knees and elbow.

Please Help,
thanks

You don't say what you are using for exposure protection...But, a wetsuit obviously operates just as you say...Perhaps the wetsuit (if that is what you are using) is too loose in the areas you are having trouble with?

What thickness suit are you using?

A drysuit is another story altogether...

scubasean:
You don't say what you are using for exposure protection...But, a wetsuit obviously operates just as you say...Perhaps the wetsuit (if that is what you are using) is too loose in the areas you are having trouble with?

What thickness suit are you using?

A drysuit is another story altogether...

Ops, It's a 7mm wetsuit.

Uncle Pug:
If it is a wetsuit... you are suppose to get wet. And unless the exchange of water is too great your body will heat up the water that gets in.

The water flushes in there, it's not just minimum but flushes in like a flood :11:

It's not fitting correctly.

If the suit fits well. there won't be much space for the water to get into.

On a wetsuit, the zipper, neck, wrists and ankles aren't watertight, so if there's anyplace for water to get into, it will.

If the cold water is a problem, you might want to think about learning to use a drysuit. It takes a while to get used to it, but I think you'll like it once you do.

Terry

The Great Orca:
The water flushes in there, it's not just minimum but flushes in like a flood :11:

Try another wetsuit that fit you better. You also can get an hooded vest. Semi-dry is also a good ideal. IMO: In california, if you want to dive all year, get a Drysuit.

Here's what I read out of this. The problem is with the gloves and boots, not the wetsuit, unless the gloves and boots are somehow attached to the suit, which it also appears is not the case.

So, try some smaller boots and gloves. Realistically, the boots and gloves are the one area where it will feel as though they are flooding and will not be as warm as the rest of the suit once it is full of water and your body has heated it.

Feet and hands always get cold first. It is a natural thing your body does.

Quarrior:
Here's what I read out of this. The problem is with the gloves and boots, not the wetsuit, unless the gloves and boots are somehow attached to the suit, which it also appears is not the case.

So, try some smaller boots and gloves. Realistically, the boots and gloves are the one area where it will feel as though they are flooding and will not be as warm as the rest of the suit once it is full of water and your body has heated it.

Feet and hands always get cold first. It is a natural thing your body does.

Can you use trek boots with a wetsuit or can you customize boots? I have an attached hood, and the neck seal is fine, no leaking there.

I would recommend you get your dry suit speciality and dive dry. A couple of wool socks and my rock boots and no cold feet for me. I am originally from Cali and the water can be quite cold there. I know when I go for a visit I will be bringing my dry suit so I can stay nice and toasty warm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom