Major Props to Underwater Kinetics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2 Bar

Reaction score
Quick story: I generally don't trust people and companies. Well I bought a Light Cannon 100 and it flooded the first time used. The bulb was done and the ballast was questionable. I met a rep from UK at Beneath The Sea in NJ. He looked at it and suggested I send it in for testing and to see what works and what are my options. I did. As soon as I forgot I sent my light in, a completely brand new one was sent to me with a note that it leaked in their pressured under water testing.

Even if it was the right thing to do, in my expeience it is refreshing to see UK stand behind their product and their name like that. I fully appreciate what they did and they have truly earned my respect and future repeated patronage!

I too have never had a bad experience with UK. They used to snicker when I would call for replacement parts for my UK1200r, but they were consistently helpful- always have been.

I had a UK backup light that had a weird switch. I'm not sure if I messed it up or not.

I dropped it in a package to UK and intended to put a note in explaining the problem and, oh, I don't know, give them a return address. I spaced on putting the note in, sealed it up and dropped it in the mail.

When I realized my mistake, I thought the light was gone, and it was my own fault. Well, I guess they got the return address from the package because within a week, I had a brand new replacement in the mail. I must say I was impressed, because I made it very hard for them to give me such good service.

Too bad all companies aren't like this.

Both times I've sent my Light Canon to Underwater Kinetics, they have repaired the light and returned it to me in a timely manner. (I'd prefer a light that did not give them the opportunity to offer good customer service, but 4 ATA salt water is a somewhat hostile environment for electronics.) I was a bit disappointed that they could/would not give an estimate what it would cost to repair my Light Canon when I described my issue. (The light flooded, and later, the plastic lens/seal cracked while trying to remove it with a strap wrench.) If they were planning to charge me $75-$100 to fix it, I'd planned to go to all Princeton Tec (who has also treated me very well) lights.

There isn't much debate that the Light Canon is the brightest of the "handheld" lights, and getting it fixed (for only the cost of shipping it to them) was a good deal for me ...but it would have been nice to know in advance that I wasn't paying shipping charges just to find out it would cost $150. to fix a $159. light.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom