Makaha

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bikefox:
I have found a great rental in Makaha (oahu) but cannot find a dive op in the area. Any recommendations??

Makaha is just north of Waianie boat harbor. Several dive ops operate out of there. Ocean Concepts is one I have used and had no complaints. There are some decent shore dives close too. Makaha Beach (Caverns) and Electric Beach are just a couple. Good Luck.

As far as an actual shop close to Makaha, Ocean Concepts has a small one called "Mahi Divers" in the Waianae boat harbor.

Many other operators launch out of Waianae boat harbor, but as far as I know, do not operate a shop there. Since most people visiting usually stay closer to town, they basically do shuttle pick ups in Waikiki and drive over to meet the boat.

If you didn't need to actually visit a physical shop, you can probably conduct your business over the phone and meet them at the harbor. If you did want to go to a shop, I think Ocean Concepts is the only one.

Tell Jen at OC Hi! She is going to be a great instructor...

Yes, Capt Bruce's boat The Beach is out of Waianae Small Boat Harbor. Nice boat...nice captain...good sites.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom