Mako AR15 with intova lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NJDiver18

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Greetings all,
Very new here and was wondering if anybody has used the Mako GoPro setup with the intova lights? I can't seem to find any reviews or videos of it being used. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

A Go Pro dive housing is $49 and the Mako flat lens for the standard housing is $30, so I think it's a great idea for upgrading your standard housing, but it's not really much of a cost savings compared to the dive housing.

Greetings all,
Very new here and was wondering if anybody has used the Mako GoPro setup with the intova lights? I can't seem to find any reviews or videos of it being used. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I have one in new condition I'll be happy to sell you for half of retail, (I think retail for the whole setup with clamps and all was about $120 bucks) but I have no experience with the Intova lights, so I can't comment on that. In light of the post above, to be clear, this is the AR-15 pistol grip L brackets and intova clamps. No dive housing or lights

never tried the AR-15 with lights.. yet

I was aware of their flat port, but not their AR-15 pistol grip based tray.

I think the port is a decent idea, but I'll refrain from making any comment about the camera and light tray....

Just some feedback from my end. I made a homemade stick mount for mine, using PVC. Its hard to get the camera level if you don't have more then 1 reference point when shooting. If you have an actual camera tray that has 2 handles in the same plane, you'll be able to easily see if the camera is level. Otherwise, your video will turn out looking crappy because the camera will be tilted and not flat with the bottom. Just some advice from my perspective....

I find that a scooter makes a pretty good camera platform.

When the camera is not scooter mounted, the LCD back on the camera provides a very good reference for leveling the camera as what you see is what you are getting.

Beyond that, depending on the editing application, you can correct for tilt in the editing process.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom