MAKO parts pricing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zodiacdiverdave

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Just wondering about Mako parts pricing in the USA. The price on Mako parts in Canada are crazy, to give you an example a first stage piston and pin with rings for a 5405 model is $1400.00 Canadian. This is the same first stage piston that Bauer uses in Mariner and sells for around $500.00 and the same one Lawrence Factor sells as an after market piston for around $300.00.

Years ago I was trying to get a forth stage fitting that had the drillings for a temp switch so I could install one on a 5407 model. They quoted on a straight 1/4in. NPTM to 1/4in. JIC . This same fitting at the Parker Store is $1.95, through Compair Canada it was $54.95 I finally got the correct fitting through Compair and it cost me $160.00.

Ordered a Panel mounted CO monitor once, $3600.00, was shipped only the CO cell and display, no calibration hardware, no wiring diagram, no panel. I shipped it back and ordered an Anolox CO Clear for a few hundred bucks.

I would love to find a Mako parts source in the USA that I could work with and stay clear of Compair Canada. Just trying to get a quote from them on parts is hard and when you do get it you better be sitting down becouse you know it's going to be a shocker.

LOL, I've always gotten a chuckle every time I here someone complain about Bauer parts prices. Welcome to the world of Mako! For your 5405, the parts cost to do a valve job is about 3 times that of a Bauer Mariner, and that's just for inserts.

You will be hard pressed to find a Mako distributor that will give slack on parts. I know my boss won't. PM me if you find the part you need from L-Factor, it would be worth your while.

Craig

Hi ZodiacDiverDave,

I'm Gabe Kaplan with Lawrence Factor. Our New Parts Division recently started manufacturing parts to fit Mako/Reavell compressors! We currently manufacture parts to fit the 5404 and 5405 blocks and a few parts to fit the larger machines. Also, we are working hard to expand our line of parts to fit Mako. We are VERY competitively priced and our parts ship the same day 98% of the time.

Check us out on the web at New Parts - Hi-Psi Compressor Parts
Thanks!

Gabe Kaplan
New Parts Customer Support

LOL, I've always gotten a chuckle every time I here someone complain about Bauer parts prices. Welcome to the world of Mako! For your 5405, the parts cost to do a valve job is about 3 times that of a Bauer Mariner, and that's just for inserts.

You will be hard pressed to find a Mako distributor that will give slack on parts. I know my boss won't. PM me if you find the part you need from L-Factor, it would be worth your while.

Craig

You want to see expensive, I rebuilt one of the Mako/ Revell water cooled units once and had to replace all cylinder sleeves and pistons, Just for these items alone the bill was close to $50,000. Any one considering one of these babies better have deep pockets.

Hi ZodiacDiverDave,

I'm Gabe Kaplan with Lawrence Factor. Our New Parts Division recently started manufacturing parts to fit Mako/Reavell compressors! We currently manufacture parts to fit the 5404 and 5405 blocks and a few parts to fit the larger machines. Also, we are working hard to expand our line of parts to fit Mako. We are VERY competitively priced and our parts ship the same day 98% of the time.

Check us out on the web at New Parts - Hi-Psi Compressor Parts
Thanks!

Gabe Kaplan
New Parts Customer Support

Thanks for the valves Gabe, my customer is up and running now and I still haven't heard back from Compair Canada on my RFQ. I quess they are only interested in selling compressors, not parts.

ZDD

Hi ZDD,

You're welcome! I'm glad we were able to help! We do our absolute best to provide fast quality solutions for Hi-PSI compressor troubles.

Have a great week!
Gabe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom