MAKO Spearguns: New Shipment of Speargun Reels

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MAKO Spearguns

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I just received a new shipment of my MAKO Pro Series Spearguns Reels.

Guys, these things are awesome. I can barely keep them in stock. These are high performance professional grade speargun reels, specifically designed and built for the most demanding spearfishermen on the planet.

Starting at only:

$36.00 each

And don’t let the low price fool you!

These are the exact same reels sold by my competitors.
That’s right..They are the exact same high quality reels!

But, because I sell direct to you, instead of through dive shops, my prices are a lot less.

So, if you need a top quality, high performance reel, and don’t want to pay a dive shop mark up, give me a call. I have a ton of them!

MSRPS-2T.jpg

Speargun Reels Pro Series | MAKO Spearguns

Same factories – Same high quality – No dive shop markup!

Dive safe,
dano

Thanks for all the interest. We offer a mounting plate which screws into the barrel of the gun. This plate can accommodate various pipe diameters that have a circular section. We also offer a flat plate for mounting on a wood gun.

You must be careful that the mounting screws are installed external to the internal barrel plugs. The central section of a pipe gun is hollow and holds air and this is necessary for proper weighting. If you accidentally puncture the barrel with a screw, water will eventually enter the barrel and make the gun too heavy.

This link provides a tutorial on installation of the reel mounting plate and should be more or less applicable to other brands of guns, but you MUST verify the location of their barrel plugs. If the plugs are too close to the end of the barrel - then the installation will not work. inspection will require removal of the handle on other brands of guns to verify the plug location - not so for our barrels.

http://www.makospearguns.com/Installing-the-Speargun-Reel-on-a-Railgun-a/263.htm

Also, the directions were made when we were using a different reel. Our current reel is improved upon the one shown in the tutorial, but the mounting plate and directions are identical.

The reel mounting plate will also slip onto a standard fitting that some manufacturer's are using on their guns. For example, our reel is compatible with Rob Allen guns and possibly others - without the use of a mounting plate.

The reel has a SS mounting frame and the spool etc. is made from glass filled nylon which is a very tough polymer.

The reel capacities we offer are :

30, 50. 70 and 100 meters of 2mm dynema line. This material is much more expensive and abrasion resistant than typical nylon line used on a normal dive reel. The reels can be ordered with or without line.

I am not sure about their applicability for use in the deployment of a DSMB by scuba divers. I think you would have to fabricate some type of handle that would mate with the dove tail fitting on the reel and I would expect that you would anchor it with some hardware as well for this application. When the reel is mounted to a speargun, the tension or pull is only in one direction. This allows the reel to be mounted and removed from the gun mount in a few seconds, but for scuba you would not want this feature on a hand held reel. Easy to fix, but an important consideration.

Dano
You never answered my question - what material is the reel constructed ?

I think the Tutorial did---.High impact plastic ? Correct?

Interesting 35 perhaps 40 years ago I used a metal JBL reel on my last and current "Big Gun" I recall paying Joe Lamonica $35.00 for the reel - which was the dive buddy -good guy price.

Now all these years later your reel is only $36.00 hard earned California dollars

Hombre keep up the great work!

Sam Miller, 111

You never answered my question - what material is the reel constructed ?

You missed this part:

The reel has a SS mounting frame and the spool etc. is made from glass filled nylon which is a very tough polymer.

Glass-filled Nylon is about as tough a plastic as can be reasonably injection molded.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom