malapascua vs balicasag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Prices on BJ's link for TSD to arrange are fair/reasonable.

If you dont mind taking Public transport or if your looking for the experience you can do it for far cheaper. Nice thing about taking the bus is you get a good view of the countryside if you get a window seat, but it possibly eats up a bunch of time you may not be willing to sacrifice..

Not sure I'd fancy the 'public' option if travelling with big luggage and dive equipment tho'.... I prefer to pay extra for comfort and convenience, but 'horses for courses'...... And the private minivans actually have windows too, so you can still see the countryside ! ;o)

thanks for the info , got it

Check this link - Transfers
P10,000.00 for a ONE way 3 hrs journey on a private van from Cebu to Maya !!!
I never realized that petrol is so expensive in the province. Paid P6,000.00 from Subic to Batangas last yr and that must be bargin basement price.
What is the reason? Higher wages, very expensive petrol and bigger profit margin?
We are palnning to go there next year.

Does Malapascua get affected much in the rainy season ?

P10,000.00 for a ONE way 3 hrs journey on a private van from Cebu to Maya !!!
I never realized that petrol is so expensive in the province. Paid P6,000.00 from Subic to Batangas last yr and that must be bargin basement price.
What is the reason? Higher wages, very expensive petrol and bigger profit margin?
We are palnning to go there next year.

It does also include a boat from Maya to Malapascua....

P8,500.00(US$185.00) for a 3 hrs journey from Cebu Airport to Maya.
P4,500.00(US$98.00) for a similar journey from Manila Airport to Subic(Baloy Beach).
I do not get it!!!
The toll charges in Cebu must be pretty steep.
I wonder how much Evolution charges?

Limirl - there's been some cracking storms this week, but none that have prevented diving.

Does Malapascua get affected much in the rainy season ?
Went there in Aug 2007, Dec 2008, occasional thunderstorms, not too bad... But this is for someone living in Asia. Hey, Singapore's Orchard got flooded sometime back! Been raining quite a bit these few weeks, the weather is as usual - unpredictable...

P8,500.00(US$185.00) for a 3 hrs journey from Cebu Airport to Maya.
P4,500.00(US$98.00) for a similar journey from Manila Airport to Subic(Baloy Beach).
I do not get it!!!
The toll charges in Cebu must be pretty steep.
I wonder how much Evolution charges?

We took the public buses, the early morning drive wasn't too bad (depends on the driver's taste in music). :rofl3: The bigger luggage was put in the bus's "luggage" compartment which was quite sandy & dusty, so do note if your luggage is new... :wink:
Btw, Exotic's price is P7,500 for car... Guess the driver might not be able to get any biz on the return journey? :idk: The next time we visit, will still take the public transport, unless we strike the lottery... :wink:

Hi,

I just got back from both places. Malapascua has Monad Shoal with a Thresher Shark cleaning station. I did not see Threshers on Balacasag, but Bohol is beautiful diving, with great vis. There are currently Thresher sharks off of Pescador Island in Moalboal. They are hunting sardines that have taken up new residence off of Pescador Island.

So if you are looking for Threshers and Manta Malapascua is where you want to be. But if a nice relaxing time I would recommend Bohol.

One more tip. There is no fresh water on Malapascua Island, only hot salt water showers. I did not like that but the island if very relaxing.

Hope it helps

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom