Malaysia Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

underwater daphne

Contributor
Reaction score
Since there's a thread for Singapore divers I thought I'd start one for Malaysia's divers.
First of all I'm from JB, but live in Switzerland. Will be moving back to M'sia in January/February.
Are there any diver's that meet up regularly in JB? Where are your fav dive spots?

Hi...Underwater Daphne,

I'm also from JB but work in Singapore & so usually dive with the Singapore dive operators! So far diving is not that popular in JB yet, Dont really know that many divers in JB.

Hey UD,

I'm now living in KL and will make the occasional dive trip east or west of the peninsula. Next weeks 4 dive collegues (yeah, they work with me) and myself are going to Paulau Redang, flying from KL to Terrenganuu, and getting the ferry to the Island. It will be a quick trip, only the week-end. I am not that experienced in diving in the region, and am also looking for divebuddies that share the same affinity with water than me.

If you are planning any underwater activities, please don't hesitate to drop me a thread.

-*=< (That's me under water!)

scuba planet does arrange trips to east coast islands. the instructor is based in JB. on the one trip i went with him, there were divers from JB, SG, KL, and me. my regular dive buddy works in SG now - so he might be another you hook up with.

on the other hand, if you're in JB, then you could by yourself make new friends when you go up a bit to Tioman, Aur, etc.

PM me for details if you are interested.

hi, yeah, well i'm moving to msia in january and trying to see what the scene is like.
will be living in jb and tioman.

should we have a scuba club in jb?

Hi UD,

I'm from Penang, currently live in Silicon Valley, California. But I'm planning on moving back to M'sia as well. Diving in the warm water is great. I'm tired of the colder water of California.

What are you doing in Switzerland?

I'm in Pee Jay, 40mins off Kuala Lumpur..

diving only since March and pocket been hurting since.

Diving scene in Malaysia been exploding. There are more and more divers around now. (Seems to me anyway.) Anyway i do know it's one of the top growing sports.. look at the amount of dive shops popping up.

There's 3 of them in 1Utama now!!!

btw anyone up for a short trip to Payar in Nov? (esp for those staying up north in PG) :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom