Malpelo with MV YEMAYA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mantare

New
Reaction score
# of dives
I am just coming back from an incredible 10 days Coiba/Malpelo trip. Even though I have dived often and in many places around the world, I can´t repress my enthusiasm. I love to observe big fishes. All I´ve seen on this dive expedition outranged what I´ve experienced under water until now. Already on the first dive day we got lucky seeing a whale shark and some Whitedips. On our boat rides we saw Whales and dolphines accompanied our trip. What a view!
In Malpelo we dived with hammerhead sharks on every dive, sometimes there were hundrets! Nearly daily we met Whale sharks and Manta rays. It was a pity that the sun was not shining that often. But to be honest: It didn´t really matter. La Nevera und Sahara were my favorite dive spots in front oft the island Malpelo, which we visited some times. In Sahara we saw Galapagos sharks. Our guides have been absolutely professional and guided us well and always safly. This is in a diving area like Malpelo not just easy. You need good knowledge of the places and the currents as well. Often we had high waves, which didn`t make it easy to bring back the divers to the boat. But our 2 accompanying boats always have been at the right spot to take us out quickly. The MV YEMAYA is a perfect boat for a trip like this. The crew, the food, the cabines as well as the equipment on board belong to the best I have seen so far on trips like this. I can totally recommend this dive expedition to every experienced diver.

I am going to coiba in Christmas, how was coiba ? Big fish? Viz, temp, depth?

Cool trip btw

Hi Buton,

Are you going on the Yemaya? Would that be a combo Coiba/Malpelo trip then?

Coiba is a good destination in its own right. The big animals are there, but if your goal is to see them, better head out to Malpelo instead. This is a destination for nature lovers who want to visit an almost untouched tropical jungle island. You can find more information here: Coiba Trip Report: June 5, 2012 - Sten Johansson

And here's my report of my last trip to Malpelo on the Yemaya this year: Malpelo Trip Report: July 11, 2012 - Sten Johansson

Cheers,
Sten Johansson

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom