Mango Inn...Someone HAS to have been there...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...and it's one of the nicest places to stay on Utila. I think the BICD has a nicer hotel kind of thing, but that's a bit more expensive than we wanted. I recommend the Mango Inn. They are associated with the Utila Dive Center and you can get terrific rates for doing both at the same time.

Here's a link for them:Mango Inn Utila

Terry

It makes me feel much better knowing that it is a decent place to stay, we already have our reservations for the dive package the week of July 11th. We booked an AC cabin, do you know if they have a frig in them?
Any other replies would be greatly appreciated.

Make sure you get a chance to check out the whole island,not just the town and dive shop.

The best way to do this is to buy a bike when you get there.

They are real cheap and easy to sell when you leave.

Don't pay more than 1000 lemps (60.00usd).

You can sell it for @50.00usd when you go home.

It will be the best $10 you have ever spent.

Don't eat any food from street venders.........You know.......

Utilla dive center is a great place to get dive certs. and cheap.......

Have fun

Al

I go to Utila at least once a year and eat baladas from the balada ladies (street vendors) at least every other day while I am there. I've never had a problem. In fact, in all of my travels in Central America the only time I've been sick was after eating at a "nice tourist" hotel in Monterico Guatemala. I trust the street food if the locals are eating it.

my girlfriend and i are there july 7-15 and may stay even longer if all's good. i've read only great things about utila in general and Mango Inn/U. Dive Center in particular. We just called down there and they said come on down and enjoy. I was a bit worried about the rain and thunderstorms but remain hopeful that it will all work out. We're scuba newbies and look forward the sheer excitement of it all.
Maybe we'll se you at the Inn or on a dive boat. Have a great trip.
If anyone out there has any good suggestions on where to eat let me know. Thanks and happy diving.

andre' & erica

Staying at the Mango Inn? We will look for you! I am a newbie, but my hubby has been diving for about 8 or 9 years. Got my c-Card in December, but have gone to 120' and it was cool. We did a few wreck dives off Key Largo and it was awesome! I hope we do a lot of dives on the North side of the island as it sounds like the best.
Look for us, we are staying in a cabin. Hope to see you there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom