Manifold stiffness after servicing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Warren_L

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
A question for those who might know....

I just got my valves and manifold O2 cleaned and serviced. After getting my tanks filled, I noticed the manifold is somewhat stiffer to operate than prior to the servicing. I brought it back to the shop that did the work, and they agreed that the manifold seemed to be stiffer than it should. We blew the tanks down and took it apart again, made sure the o-ring was lubed ok and that everything was put together ok, but the problem still persists. Any ideas? It is a Scubapro manifold, which I have heard to be stiffer than other manufacturers, but the issue I have is that it became stiffer after servicng. Perhaps this is normal??

:confused:

My guess is that the Bonnet Nut is tightened down a little more than it had been in the past.
The added torque that you are seeing is most likely the bonnet compressing the packing and the o-ring around the stem and thus an increse in the force required to turn the knob.
Jim breslin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom