manually adding dives to shearwater desktop ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jallen013

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
i'm tidying up the dive logs and would really like to have all my dives in one spot. is there any way to manually add dives to shearwater desktop? even if it's just date, site name, max depth, and bottom time consolidating things into a single system would be so nice.

I fiddled with this to add a couple of dives I did when my Petral was off diving with a friend. I couldn't figure out any way from inside the application. It might be possible by hacking into the actual database file that stores them, but that's way beyond what I'd tackle.

I'm not sure about Windows (but it is probably the same) but on macOS the database for your dives is stored in a SQLite database (format 3). If you know how to use an SQLite client, you could figure out the format of the database and write the dives you want into it. But if you don't understand the schema and how to manipulate a database, you could really mess it up. I'd probably make a copy of the files then try mucking with it. If I did mess it up, I can alway delete the files and restore the backup.

Darrell

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom