Manufacturing diving related equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mazak Ootak

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi, I am a very experienced diver and dive technician. I have a question, Im looking to manufacture through my own company, diving equipment. Non breathing equipment. I plan to offer solutions to divers for hardware such as cylinder mounting and general fixings and fittings for making the divers life safer and easier. I dont want to say exactly what im doing simply because im in the development stages and dont want some big dive company stealing my ideas.
My question is. Where do i look for certification regarding dive equipment?
All my proposed products do not need EN250 certification as they are not in the breathing loop.
Would the equipment need CE testing? Im just not too sure where to get started with this? Hoping this will start a conversation.... Thanks ..

CE most likely for selling in EU unless if there is a small volume exemption or something.
YES I think you are right. I think only the breathing and inflation devices are covered by diving regulations. I just wanted to check to see if there are additional regulations because my products would be used in diving although not affecting the actual life support equipment. My products would hold and protect the life support equipment. Thanks for taking the time to reply:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom