Marathon next week- Come dive with us!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba_luv

Registered
Reaction score
Android and I are getting ready for our Florida trip!
We'll be diving off of my Dad's Island Hopper next Tuesday through Thursday.
He can take six divers, not including Diane, his wife, who's a DM.
Me and Andy make 2, that leaves room for 4 more Scubaboard divers!

Here's the deal: my Dad eventually wants to start up a dive charter operation. He's not there yet - he's getting stuff ready, scoping out sites, has no website yet, etc.
So, right now he's just diving for the fun of it. Diane used to own a dive shop and has been a certified instructor/DM for years.

So, anyone up for a free boat dive? Bring your own gear, food, etc. PM me if you'd like to come along - we'd love to meet some of the FL Conch Divers.
Just a note - we plan on doing fairly shallow dives, not more than about 60ft. There's a barge out there we'll probably hit, maybe do Sombrero Reef, and hit some other spots my Dad has scouted out.

Florida here we come!
~Kelley

Hello! I sent you a PM with my info.
I would love to meet you guys. If you come to Miami I can show you around too!
:dazzler1:
thanks
yorka

Well, I'm finally getting a chance to write up my trip report. I'll do some posting tomorrow. I think it's going to have to be in several sections since we had so many great dives. We dove Sombrero reef due to lack of visibility everywhere else.
We had a great time with Valentina on Wednesday. Two great dives on the reef. We saw barracuda, nurse sharks (two!) and all kinds of other fish.
The second dive was better once we figured out that Valentina had a broken inflator. Once it was replaced with a spare it worked beautifully.
And Valentina, thanks for the Cuban coffee and pastries - you can come dive with us anytime!

~Kelley

Dear friends,
Thanks so much for the great opportunity to dive with you all!
It was good to know that it was my equipment and not me the one that had problems....Puffer fish first dive, catfish the second. Cool diving though...
I loved spending time jumping off the boat and swimming with the future diver during our interval, she was loads of fun!
For anyone interested, great diving on this boat! The captain and our great divemaster are unrivaled! As soon as I can, I'm loading up a few friends and going off with you all again. I'm sorry the rest of the gang w'ont be there.
Remember, whenever you need to round up numbers, cuban coffee and pastries, and sandwiches are just a call away!
Lost of fishy smiles your way!
* :dazzler1: Valentina

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom