March '05 Dive Reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stryker:
I'm still tryin to figure out how you have a 120 and I had a RENTAL 80 and you only had 200 PSI more than me at the end... And im bigger than you!! haha.... I do envy the tank though.. :wink: Im sure it woulda been a bit longer if all of us had 120s haha...
Honestly, I take super deep breaths, and just seem to use more air than most. I generally have good buyancy and trim through the water, so I dont know how much more it will improve. I did still have 1200 (between 11 and 12) psi though. So probobly another 25 minutes or so of bottom time. I also use the reg the whole time Im putting on my fins through the surf. We'll see, but hopefully it will get better.

John

Im just yankin your chain... I didnt use my reg the whole time on the way out until we descended, so im sure that would have definitely cut me down a bit... As far as you go, if it works, keep doing it... who cares how much air you use as long as you feel comfortable... im sure you naturally use less air the more you dive...

Hijackers............Hijackers............Hijackers........... :wink:

ICY ICE:
Hijackers............Hijackers............Hijackers........... :wink:

Exactly, this is supposed to be for dive reports??? Looks like we may have to turn some air off in this thread.

Non-dive report
3-30-05
Redondo Canyon, 7 pm
Wind - blowing
Waves - breaking
whitecaps - errr, whiting
squid boat - bouncing
Dive report from Ron of Eco Divers - what's the point? 2 foot viz in a washing machine
dive - called

SNOBORDJON:
Honestly, I take super deep breaths, and just seem to use more air than most. I generally have good buyancy and trim through the water, so I dont know how much more it will improve. I did still have 1200 (between 11 and 12) psi though. So probobly another 25 minutes or so of bottom time. I also use the reg the whole time Im putting on my fins through the surf. We'll see, but hopefully it will get better.

John

It should improve a lot more, most people breathe less are more relaxed as your # of dives goes up.

Also, as you get practice in the surf, you will not need to use your reg at all until you submerge. I only use my snorkel in the surf.

Nothing like a good hijacking!

Scott

Ride to try to get to anacapa - 2 hrs
Ride back to dock - 2 1/2 hrs
Dive in between - zero, zilch, zip, nada

I just wanna cry..... :thinkingo

scubalaurel:

Got you beat.

Ride to get to San Clemente-6.5 hours (9-12 ft seas, rain, 25 knts of wind)
Ride back to the dock-7 hours
Dives in between......0

Feel for ya Laurel, I really do.

divinman:
Got you beat.

Ride to get to San Clemente-6.5 hours (9-12 ft seas, rain, 25 knts of wind)
Ride back to the dock-7 hours
Dives in between......0

Feel for ya Laurel, I really do.
Yes, yes, you do. But I still feel jilted and not spent!

scubalaurel:

I was on the Peace boat as well. It was 4 hours free (idle) ride with some sunbathing plus lot of ocean spray.
Will try Sundiver to Catalina on Sunday. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom