March in Cozumel, Carnival

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beautiful! Wonder how long he would have just hung out if the knucklehead hadn't gotten in front of him waving?!?
Thanks for sharing!

My thought exactly. As long as everyone stayed away from him he totally ignored us. Even after he swim away, he didn't go far and kept scrounging around the bottom looking for food.

Used to visit and swim in Crystal Lake as a kid. Had family friends that lived there.

And now, back to your regularly scheduled eagle rays.

I would be afraid to swim in there now. I have talked to a few people that have dove in there, but not me!

I would be afraid to swim in there now. I have talked to a few people that have dove in there, but not me!

Well, that was like 40 some odd years ago so I guess things have changed since then.

Dang...I've lived here (Illinois) my whole life and never even thought about diving Crystal lake. Then again, I'm a very proud fair weather diver.

Sunday the 13th, Villa Blanca reef, along the wall. Without the cruise ships. This was a very nice relaxing dive. Nothing spectacular just reeeaaaaallllyyyy nice.

Andrea, with her dad the Timinator in the back ground:

Dennis:

Tim the Timinator (TS8501)

Tim is in the center, little left and thus the showpiece of this image.

Tim and his daughter Andrea:

I was just thinking about good friends, good times, great places, these are among the best of friends along with best of times.... Very happy thoughts as I go off to sleep tonight...
Cheers!!!

I had a chance to do Villa Blanca too, around dusk on the our trip. There were some very large Lionfish on that dive, and like you said nothing spectacular but still a great dive.

Hey Joe,
Ran across my March 2010 pix today. Had to stop what I was doing and fin down memory lane (reef?) for awhile.
Ahhhhhhh....
Only had a half dozen eagle rays this year - and none as lovely and close as yours...

We saw eagle rays on a couple of dives. On Maricabo 2 were circling under us feeding as we were heading up, I wanted to go back down but they were too deep and we were getting low on air. The other time we saw them was just at the edge of the viz and there were 5 or 6 of them swimming by. Guess its just another reason to go back again, they are majestic.

We saw eagle rays on a couple of dives. On Maricabo 2 were circling under us feeding as we were heading up, I wanted to go back down but they were too deep and we were getting low on air. The other time we saw them was just at the edge of the viz and there were 5 or 6 of them swimming by. Guess its just another reason to go back again, they are majestic.

Ahhh... You need to head on up to Cantarel Wall in the late winter / early spring and catch one of the flocks/herds/school. Breathtaking - and close enough to see their smiles and whether or not they are looking back at you!

Ahhh... You need to head on up to Cantarel Wall in the late winter / early spring and catch one of the flocks/herds/school. Breathtaking - and close enough to see their smiles and whether or not they are looking back at you!

That is where we saw the group of 5 or 6, it was beautiful up there. Now I just need to get close enough like you said.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom