Mares 32T / 22X ? A-Clamp to DIN ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rob'o

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hello everyone

Does anybody have any experience with this Mares 32T1st stage I'm looking to buy one with the the Proton 2nd stage also does anybody know what the difference is between the 22X ?

Is it possible to convert A-clamp to DIN ?

I have an MR22 Abyss with a proton octo and its the best breathing reg setup I own when properly set up. I have no idea why they added the X to the name as it looks identical.
It only got shelved because I switched to older worse breathing Aqualung stuff that is far cheaper and simpler to rebuild myself.
I can't speak for the 32 but its probably just an improvement on paper as its basically impossible to out breathe an mr22 1st stage.
The abyss second that usually comes with the MR22 is better than the proton.

I have a second Mr22 as part of a doubles set that is 300 bar DIN and they not only sell the conversion parts for about $50, they are simple enough to install yourself if you have any mechanical ability.
If diving in salt or ice I would also suggest the dry kit addon as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom