Mares car ad

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubapro50

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
check out the Mares ad in May 2006 issue of SCUBA DIVING magazine. Page 11 Mares is promoting their new V42 Proton metal regulator but the eye catching part of the ad is a cherry red Chevy Camaro ...... the car looks to be about a 1968 RS ..... don't know for sure. The new regulator is nice but I really would love to own that car. Wonder if Mares will come out with any vintage Mustangs ads for the FORD buffs.

It's a 69. You can tell by the angle on the outside edge of the taillights. It's the only year they did that.

But that ad doesn´t have anything to do with diving, besides a bunch of people (who doesn´t have a clue) wearing diving gear.
Though the car ir nice! I would love one in my garage.

I don't get the ad. Does the shipping container represent the "shipment on the way from Italy", what do the caution colors on the pole signify, if the picture of the regulator was any smaller you wouldn't be able to find it, why is the car parked on bricks?

The new reg is quite compact but I don't know why they don't give the viewer an actual reference of the size. I prefered the cleavage ads :wink:

enough about the regulator ...... do you think the Camaro has a 396 cu.in. engine with a Hurst 4 speed ...... how fast do you think it can turn a quarter burning rubber ? Maybe we should PM Phil Mintz for the specs on the Chevy ......

RP_Diver:
But that ad doesn´t have anything to do with diving, besides a bunch of people (who doesn´t have a clue) wearing diving gear.
Though the car ir nice! I would love one in my garage.
The ad must have been done in Idaho for Idaho.

One of our drunks would drive the car into one of the lakes and drown the divers who would be to drunk to multi task. SO see it is dive related. :D :D

Gary D.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom