Mares Isotherm Millenium

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stsiddall : I considered buying the Millenium, but decided not to because I was concerned with having the water seep in through the seals. I would have to buy the XL for my height, but my wrists are size large.

I am not sure if I am getting this right...You put the extra material *under* the seal, not over the top of the suit? I would think you would want to put it on the outside to compress the seals against your skin. :confused:

I bought the millenium booties in my size earlier this year from LP ($20) just in case I decided to get the suit later. If your fix really works, I will have to buy the Mares.

You got it right hex92. I put extra wetsuit material under the seals. Trying to compress the seals against my wrists and ankles would have been useless. I would be like trying to make a ring thats too big for your finger fit snug. The entire surface area of the ring would not be against your skin, you'd have wrinkles or creases in the ring. Same deal with the seals. I had to put extra material under the seals or make them smaller by replacing them (which I'd have preferred. Maybe I'll do it someday.).

My solution seemed to work well. I did a dive a couple weeks ago in 45° water for about 35 minutes. I was quite comfy. I did have a little extra exposure protection, a shorty, on underneath. I think it worked well considering I'm a fairly thin guy who is known to get cold quite often no matter where I am. If I can find the boots it might even be better.

stsiddall: I don't know if they will sell stuff over the phone, but the last itme I was at divequarters in Virginia Beach they had a wide selection of the isotherm boots. I think they were selling them for ~$35. You may want to give them a call and see if you can get a pair in your size.

I think they run a little large. I wear a 12.5 shoe and ended up buying the size 11 boot and it fits fine.

hex92

Back
Top Bottom