Mares Isotherm T zip?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

u5agi

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
For those of you who own the Isotherm T - what are your thoughts on the TiZip zipper?

I'm a little concerned with the plastic teeth. Has anyone had any problems?

If it fails, can it be repaired?

Think the Suit is great ... have great concern about the zipper ... it continually opens before you get in the water ... but you can go back on it again until it seals properly ... perhaps some form of lubricant may help ... there seems to be no info any info anywhere on the net about proper care ... any ideas????

The suit is brilliant, just make sure that you lubricate the Tizip often!!!.......every two, three dives would do it......if you don't it will pop open......it makes a lot of difference.
Normaly I dive the Isotherm with a "real" metal dryzip......they always die after 6 till 8 months :( .....I make three dives a day and between dives i walk around with the top part hanging down, this always kills the zips, all the other Instructors have the same problem.
Until now......my Isotherm Tizip is still going strong!!....one year and about 700 dives later it is still brilliant......but lubrication is the trick:D
Its nice to see the suit fall apart for a change.....and not only the poxy zip with a brand new looking suit (the metal dryzip is almost as expensive as the whole suit)

Hope this helps

Greetz

Ray

What sort of lubricant would you recommend for the Tizip?

Is the same acceptable for both metal and plastic zips??

The normal Silicone lubricant that you use for your O rings is perfect....infact it came with the suit also.
Just don't use silicone lubricant for your normal metal dryzips........it seems that it is a pain to refit a new zip after you used silicone .

Adios

Ray

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom