Mares isotherm XL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

v30

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Found a good deal on this suit on ebay. It was advertised as new without tags. Based on the Mares size charts I thought it would fit. It arrived today and it doesn't fit me. It does appear to be new and all I did was try it on. Its XL and comes with hanger, garment bag, hood and zipper lube. $250 shipped.

I'm 5'10", about 200#-210# and my Mares Isotherm XL fits me pretty well except that it is real tight across the shoulders. I tried on an XXL that was also tight across the shoulders. I think these things are cut for lithe, skinny Europeans.

I'm 5'10", about 200#-210# and my Mares Isotherm XL fits me pretty well except that it is real tight across the shoulders. I tried on an XXL that was also tight across the shoulders. I think these things are cut for lithe, skinny Europeans.

I'm the same height and weight as you and I have the same problem with this suit. It fits fine everywhere else but I can't even get it zippered. But I have to admit I'm an odd size (skinny legs, fairly small waist and big arms and upper body) and have this problem with most wetsuits (ie, have to buy them too big everywhere else so they'll fit me in the chest and shoulders). I should have known better when buying this suit, but based on the size chart I thought it might fit. The only brand of suit I can buy off the rack and get a good fit is Bare. They're XL fits me reasonably well.

here's some pics:
rk63qq.jpg

2j436n5.jpg

1zna160.jpg

Back
Top Bottom