Mares LED tank transmitter module Battery question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChangeAgent

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Quad Air dive computer with LED tank transmitter.
My wife has gotten this one for her birthday. We have not tested or connected it at all but since I am the technical part of our buddy team I wonder if there is any way to see if the battery in the Module is full or empty. I seem to not find anything in the manuals.
I ask as we used to have a dealership long ago and have seen that batteries at the time of sale are not full since they had been in storage for a long time. It would also be great information later on.
LED TANK MODUL - Product No: 414319 + Quad Air
Thanks

I'm not 100% familiar with the Mares version, but pretty much every transmitter needs to be connected to a regulator that is connected to a pressurized (and open) tank. The pressure turns it on, then it really depends on the specific computer.

I have PPS transmitters and they include a battery charge level with the transmission. Some computers can display it, others don't. It doesn't actually send the voltage, just a 3 level indicator. Good, Warning, Alert, With my Shearwater, it is included in the log information, so I can check post dive that it's still good. With my Oceanic, it didn't record the information, but I could check the level on the computer.

Apart from that, the only way is to open it up and check the battery with a multimeter.

Apart from that, the only way is to open it up and check the battery with a multimeter.
That one I figured but would not be my favourite. Anyway thanks for the heads-up and the info from your other computers. Hopefully somebody also can help here.

Quad Air dive computer with LED tank transmitter.
My wife has gotten this one for her birthday. We have not tested or connected it at all but since I am the technical part of our buddy team I wonder if there is any way to see if the battery in the Module is full or empty. I seem to not find anything in the manuals.
I ask as we used to have a dealership long ago and have seen that batteries at the time of sale are not full since they had been in storage for a long time. It would also be great information later on.
LED TANK MODUL - Product No: 414319 + Quad Air
Thanks
They use a CR123, which have a very long shelf life. The 150-200 dive rating is at least a year for most folks.
If you are worried, just put in a new one.

not so much worried as wanting to know.
Fair enough. That's why I got a PPS transmitter.
I can find no info on the MARES LED; transmission mode, frequency, signal content, etc.

Fair enough. That's why I got a PPS transmitter.
I can find no info on the MARES LED; transmission mode, frequency, signal content, etc.
Neither can i that is why I asked.

I used to have a quad air and sender. The computer warns you when the sender battery is low. Then you have a couple of hours of battery time. The computers own battery level is visible as Ok or not in the info screen/menu.

I used to have a quad air and sender. The computer warns you when the sender battery is low. Then you have a couple of hours of battery time. The computers own battery level is visible as Ok or not in the info screen/menu.
Ahhh, the Quad manual says on p7:
"NOTE- The Mares tank module has a range of approximately 1.5m/5ft.- The tank module remains on whenever it senses a pressure above 15bar/220psi. In order to maximize the life of the battery, after a dive close the tank valve and purge the second stage completely. - If a tank module battery is weak, Quad Air alerts you by blinking the battery symbol together with G1 (or G2 or G3) in the upper right corner."​
So there IS an indication of low battery in the transmitter.
As always, RTFM.

As always, RTFM.
I had and overseen it. Mares expert told me (hence my post and I was right they do not know it either).
"The LED transmitter will display transmitter battery level on the Genius and Icon HD. A volt meter will be needed to test the battery level on the transmitter when using the Quad Air."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom