Mares M1 bungee wrist strap.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kidspot

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I remember someone asking about making a bungee wrist mount for the Mares M1/Dacor Darwin unit to replace the rubber watch band it comes with. For what it's worth here's how I accomplished the job. I removed the watch band by pushing out the steel retaining rods (they are only held in by friction, a small nail and pliers easily push them out) once the watch band is removed I doubled over some dental floss, placed it in the first slot and pushed the rod over it - using some 3/16 black bungee material I removed about 1/2 inch of it's rubber core leaving the outer nylon shell which I pulled through using the dental floss - pliers finished pulling it through. I repeated the process for the other 3 attachment points and left plenty of excess on the two ends so that I could easily resize it (knots on the ends prevent the bungee from pulling all the way through) or for easier donning and doffing over my wetsuit.

I hope this and the attached photo help some. Took about 15 minutes from start to finish.

Tim

I did mine with surgical tubing. I removed the band as kidspot stated. Then I sized and cut the tubing into 2 lengths. Next I cut the ends off of 4 zip ties so I ended up with 4, 1 1/2" pieces. I then bent the zip tie pieces into U shapes and threaded them into the 4 corners of the back of the computer. Next I slipped the tubing over the zip ties and I dropped crazy glue into tube openings. It's clean, secure, and stretches over the dry glove rings of my dry suit. I've got about 90 dives on it like this and it works great.
The only thing, there is no re-sizing, like Kidspots.

Hey Rick,

That's the fun of Scubaboard - lot's of different ideas for lots of different people

Tim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom