Mares Nemo & Iris

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rstick

Registered
Reaction score
Hi - new to forum.

I'm looking for help with Nemo & Iris.

First, an endorsement - I just used my new Nemo on at 12 dive trip to the Florida Keys, diving Nitrox on the deeper wrecks. It worked great and was very readable.

My problem - I have yet to be able to download any data via IRIS. The unit I bought had the version 2.1 software which didn't support Nemo and after many attempts with the M1 Rgband internet searching I found V2.2 to download.

I've loaded the new software which happily has Nemo as a choice, but still cannot get the IRIS to talk to the Nemo.

I'm using Windows XP, with a USB to Serial Port adapter - and it is configured to the same COM1 as the IRIS software. But nothing happens.

I'm a fairly literate PC guy (we deploy them for a living), and think this is simply too hard. There must be an easier way to do this.

I recommend that you include a USB connection - most newer computers in the USA do not have serial ports at all.

I also recommend that you include a website link via the software and with the IRIS documentation so that the buyer can immediately go and find the latest software version.

Also - any help or ideas as to how I can get these devices to talk would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Ray.
rmstickel@hotmail.com
025/2000 Metal Tech LE
492/2000 Morphos Metal
264/4000 Quattro Excel Metal

So far as I know the Nemo is unable to download using any software or port type device. Supposedly Mares was working on correcting that but it's been a year and half. I could give them a call tomororow and see what's up and then post my findings here.

Debraw:
So far as I know the Nemo is unable to download using any software or port type device. Supposedly Mares was working on correcting that but it's been a year and half. I could give them a call tomororow and see what's up and then post my findings here.

Sorry for the late response, but I just ran acrosss this thread... The nemo does allow you to download dive data to a computer through the I.R.I.S.

I have the Nemo and the I.R.I.S and it downloads with a little bit of work. It took me about 30 minutes to set it up and get it downloading. Having said that, I am using the serial port connection and it is on com 1 and I have set the software to com 1. There is a very long I.R.I.S thread here somewhere on the board that I recall reading that had a great deal of venting about the I.R.I.S and set-up and struggles, but I haven't experienced any significant issues.

Now the idea of having a built in USB connection seems almost civilized... and why the computers couldn't connect using a standard ir port would be an interesting question...Clearly the computer connectivity is not Mares strength...

Regards,

Glad to hear you got your's working! I wish it were an easier set up than the one you described. I can't even imagine having to stand in my shop and give lessons in connections to someone who isn't very computer savvy. Especially, when I can go right to my Oceanic Atom line and hand them a USB port that's a snap to plug in and download. I loved my Nemo, when I had one.

Rstick

I have an M1-rgbm and the IRIS. It works great. I don't know about the NEMO but I might be able to help you out. I think I have become a resident expert on the IRIS. I had lots of trouble because my data base got corrupted on my dive computer. The good people at MARES got me going again. Are you receiving any error messages? PM me if you like ...

DI_Guy:
Rstick

I have an M1-rgbm and the IRIS. It works great. I don't know about the NEMO but I might be able to help you out. I think I have become a resident expert on the IRIS. I had lots of trouble because my data base got corrupted on my dive computer. The good people at MARES got me going again. Are you receiving any error messages? PM me if you like ...

I have been using the Nemo Titanium since May and logged over 80 dives on it. The computer works great. The downloader is a real pain in the neck. However. With some phone calls to Mares and fidling I have found that if you place the Nemo with the 6 o'clock section of the face (this is where the IR port is) either just touching or no more that 5mm from the iris IR port it will work.

As for the ATOM snap in is a good word for their downloader. It should be Fall off. Also I dive with three people who between them they have had 10 new ATOMS in the same period I have owned my Nemo! Work out which one has been most reliable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom