Mares Nemo Wide report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Greg Barlow

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I had the opportunity to make three dives with my new Mares Nemo Wide computer this past Saturday. Each of the dives was made in "comfy" 35 degree water. My reason for mentioning this is that I was very pleased to find a computer that has push buttons large enough, and sensitive enough to be pushed easily with thick, wet mitts. Often this is not the case with many of the other computers on the market. While the buttons were easily pushed, they were also designed to be protected by projections on each side.

The display was extemely easy to read, especially for my 48 year old eyes. The information is presented in a logical manner, and changing from one screen mode to another was easy. The use of four different buttons also made it easy to move from one function to another topside while making adjustments to the dive parameters.

The unit also has a look of high quality to it. It is a nice addition to my gear, and my four dive buddies made a number of positive remarks about its appearance and functions.

Now, if I can just find some warm water to use it in...

Greg Barlow
Former Science Editor for Rodale's Scuba Diving Magazine

Greg

I have to agree with you - I have had my Nemo Wide for a year now and to these 62 year-old eyes, it is great. It does have all the information that you normally need easily visible at all times. I especially like the ascent indication - both graphics and numeric.

As far as being too conservative, I have never had it cut a dive short, but then again, I normally don't do dives that keep me on a deep bottom trying to maximize my time there. I like to start deep and work my way up during the course of the dive. I'd rather it be conservative and keep me safe than have it liberal and get me bent.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom