Mares Origin Sport Airtrim AT mrs plus BCD - Oral Inflator missing valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi

I have a Mares Origin Sport Airtrim AT mrs plus BCD. The oral inflator hose used to have a little valve but I have managed to loose it. So now I cannot inflate the BCD at all, the air just escapes through the hose.

Which type of valve do I need and were can I buy one?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The nice lady in the picture shows exactly which hose I'm taking about.

hub_small_b.jpg

Many thanks
Michelle

I just looked at my Airtrim BCD and the inflation hose has a small one way valve inserted into the end of the hose. It is held in place with a small tie wrap. There is also a rubber(?) cap that covers the end of the hose when it is not being used. The cap is attached to the hose.

I would check with your LDS for a replacement. If they can't get it then try at a Mares dealer. You can get a list of them at Mares.com .

I just saw an old post where someone had this same issue and the Mares rep told him to get his LDS to order a "oral inflator assembly #47200376". Sounds like the inflator hose plus the check valve. The hose assembly is "attached to the bcd by a screw down crown ".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom