Mares puck... Can't open!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

miserkris

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi ..I am unable to open my dive computer even with a penny or a screwdriver what do I do? it has been 3 years since I opened it , need to change the battery.

Attachments

• 20220523_212526.jpg
    20220523_212526.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 159
Soak it in warm water, then use a really stiff blade knife, or a chisel to try and get some bite in the plastic. Order a new battery cover from Amazon.

That has really been screwed up. Somebody tried using a small screwdriver, which is the wrong tool. If you do get it open, you need a new battery cover. Since the old one is toast, you can probably get if off (and then toss it) by drilling a couple of small holes in it and making a wrench by putting two thin nails or hex wrenches through a piece of wood.

Good ideas above. You should generally use a large diameter coin like a quarter rather than smaller coins or screwdrivers, which can strip out the plastic.

I would definitely replace the battery door after you get it off. Double check which one you need, depending on which Puck model you have. The same site that tursiops menioned also has a different door for Puck Pro, plus a kit that includes a new O-ring (which you will probably need also) -- here's the page with other Puck options: Search: 10 results found for "puck battery"

thx all :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom