Mares Puck Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OnceLoyal

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have to say over all I am very pleased with my Puck. I am just a wondering if anyone else has the "rapid ascent" alarm go off constantly while on the way up. I know I can turn it off, but I prefer to keep it on just to give me a reminder. I know my ascent isn't too fast. Example.... The other day i was ascending on a line from 73ft. and everytime I would raise my arm up it would go off. Is this normal for this comp. as with others??

Also does anyone have and use the software for this? If so do you like it? There are not too many reviews on it for me to make a decision to get it or not.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Many computers have the problem you speak of regarding raising your arm and having the ascent alarm go off. I have all of the alarms turned off in my computer.

Thx for you response. I plan on keeping everything on for a litle while just as a reminder for myself, but I could surely understand why one would turn it off.

I used to get many alarms on my Suunto early in my diving life..........drove me nuts......

My computer was beeping all the time, when I finally downloaded my profiles......

The computer was right I had the most saw toothed and inconsistent profiles and near vertical ascents.........

So I started paying a lot of attention to ascending and buoyancy control.......after significant observation my sense is that many divers are ascending and getting out of the water way to quick.........

When you look as the risk if DCS and how it relates to nitrogen build up followed by rapid depressurization (ie going shallow to fast).........

I like a sensitive ascent rate alarm so I just make sure it does not alarm.......

As far a raising you are to fast, just don't do it..........

A side benefit, my air consumption dropped like a rock when I dove without alarms......

So my thought is not to turn it off but pay more attention to ascent rate.......

Hope this helps...........M

What about the program.. ANy + or -? Ayone have experience with it? I am very curious to see my profile :) I think it would be an awesome learning experience. I am just wondering how accurate and detailed it is...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom