Mares Quad?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thbcthomas

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
So i bought a Mares Puck Pro but was not a fan of the 1 button. I am now looking at the Quad but have not found any reviews. Does anyone have any experience with this computer? One of the advantages of this computer is the screen, since my son may use it and his eyes are not great. However if the computer is junk the screen size does not matter.

We shall see. The reason there are no reviews is because it's very new in the Mares line. I just bought one because for a recreational computer, it seems to have quite a few features I wanted - large screen-audible alarm silencing- SIT reset. Agressive / conservative modes. I thought it was a better than average pick for the money. It's not a Perdix but I'm not interested in multi gas option or too many things I'll never use at this point in my dive career. The Quad does air and Nitrox and I don't even do Nitrox anymore. I'm hoping I'm happy with it - never considered Mares gear before. I'm a dedicated US Divers - Aqua Lung user

for that price, I would look at the Deepblu Cosmiq if you want a good screen. If not, spend up a bit for an OSTC, Shearwater, or maybe Divesoft Freedom. While the Quad and Nemo are going to have bigger screens, they're still casio watch style which are not easy to read, and the computers listed above are very very easy to read. If you can wait another few months, @Deep Six will have their computer out, which is still a Casio style screen, but the price point and two button will make it quite attractive at the sub $200USD price point

@tbone1004, I would prefer to get a deep six, but I need something soon. We have a trip coming at the end of May and I would like to get a couple of dives in so I am familiar with the computer. My budget only allows for about $200 (Buying gear for 2 is really starting to add up). I got the Quad for $220.

@george_austin, Any idea how different it is from the Mares Nemo?

I don't because I've no experience with Mares gear but I took the Quad out on her maiden voyage yesterday at Catalina and was very happy with it. Super easy to scroll thru the menu's and super easy to access all data. Easy to read and I found the large, stiff strap really easy to don the thing. Glad I got it.

@tbone1004, I would prefer to get a deep six, but I need something soon. We have a trip coming at the end of May and I would like to get a couple of dives in so I am familiar with the computer. My budget only allows for about $200 (Buying gear for 2 is really starting to add up). I got the Quad for $220.

Where did you get the Quad for 220. I am only finding it for $350

I got mine for 246.00 USD and free shipping from LP. I think it was either a price listing mistake on LP's part or a one day sale bc I am only seeing it for 320-350.00USD now

I got mine for 246.00 USD and free shipping from LP. I think it was either a price listing mistake on LP's part or a one day sale bc I am only seeing it for 320-350.00USD now
Leisurepro is crazy, I got mine for about the same price. And it only showed up on my PC. If I checked the price on my phone it showed 350 bucks.

Back
Top Bottom