Mares , ScubaPro , Aqualung or Cressi BC's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nomro

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello All ,
I'm looking for a simple BCD and I'm not sure which manufacturer/model best suits me.

what I need is a BCD that is :
- Simple (easy to use)
- Not expensive
- Extremely durable
- Don't care about integrated weights.
- with D rings (metal preferred)
- Easy and cheap to maintain.
- Average weight lifting

I usually dive in the red sea as a recreational diver.I'm an AOW. In Most of my dives I used a rented Aqualung Wave which is very durable I believe but also too basic , if I'm going to own one I need to have some more options and make sure it is a heavy duty and does not puncture easily.

I searched through Mares , SubaPro , Aqualung and Cressi , but they make all kinds and shapes , I'm not sure which manufacturer or model to choose . I heard that Mares manufactures the best BC's.

Based on your own experiences I hope you provide me with recommended models.

Thanks for helping and I wish you all safe diving.

Best Regards
Nomro \m/

I'm a big fan of Mares. Great quality, easy to use, and do have integrated weights, although I think it's one of the easier to use designs out there. Plenty of D rings. For best all around I'd recommend the Dragon. My wife and a close friend have Oceanic Probes, which are also very good, but for me they're a bit too bulky. Hope this helps.

I think this one meets all your requirements:

Scubapro Classic Sport BC

Of course, "not expensive" is subjective, but it's marked down significantly. I have had a few Scubapro vests over the years and like the quality.

I have a Mares Dragonfly that is the predecessor to the Dragon, and it is 10 years old and I haven't had any problems with it. I also have a Mares vector Origin that I use for a pool BC.
The Mares Prestige is a lot of BC, not very streamlined. I would go to a shop, so you can try them on to find what fits you the best.

Hello Guys ,

Thanks for your feedback , so you all think that Mares and Scubapro manufacture the best BCD's rather than Aqualung and Cressi ?

Best Regards
Nomro

I have been a long time fan of SeaQuest BC's. Since Aqua Lung took over that loyalty is waning, but they still make very good BC's in many peoples eyes. Cressi has many BC fans as well. :)

If you can, try as many different brand and model BC's as you can that are available in your area; then chose by which one worked best for the money. :idk:

Thank you all for your comments , after doing some research I'm thinking of either Mares Prestige or Mares Dragon (depending on my budget) . Anyone has comments regarding those 2 BCDs, based on personal experience or a friend's or family member experience ? Anything related to durability, maintenance or performance ? (positive and negative comments are welcomed)

Thanks
Nomro

BP/W suggestions in 3..2..1..

The Scubapro Classic is the most durable BC I have had and used. Mares BC's don't come even close.

We used many types of BC's in our rental inventory and they all seem to fall apart within 2 years of heavy use but not the Scubapro Classic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom