Mares Synchro PowerTech BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I went ahead and purchased this BC, a buddy that went with me to CZM brought it down. I also got the Mares Abyss Reg and its octopus, and a Suunto Cobra computer. I love the BC and the Regs.... just great. A totally different feel from the other conventional BC's Ive tried. The Suunto is full of features that I have to try, but I can say I did notice how much more conservative it is vs. say the Alladin units. I also got a pair of Volo's (Mares Fins). After 1-2 dives to get the integrated weight system right, the Synchro BC felt just right. I started off heavy on the weights and was able to settle with 12lbs (using a wet suit - shortie). Perhaps with some experimentation I could go even lower. Overall, after 10 dives Im very happy with the equipment... :D

Thx Gaucho :) Ive been watching this thread as i was after one fo my self....Now Im going to get 1:)

Your welcome. Be a little patient until you get the correct weighting down, but once you do... enjoy!!

Hi,
I purchased the Syncro Power Tech this week, and did 2 initial dives with it yesterday. I was extremely pleased with its features and function. By the 2nd dive, I had my boyuancy down pat. BC was comfy, fit well and I like the design, pockets, IWS, SS D-rings, sternum strap, etc.

All in all, a great BC.

BTW - DiveInn told me someone's integrated air reg DOES fit the Mares BC, but I'm not sure if it was a Genesis, Scubapro or Tusa unit. I don't recall.

Anyways, I like mine alot. I paid $348.

Next thing I intend to try out is weight in the rear trim pockets.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom