Mares Titanium and IRIS Infraread Serial Connector

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok you all got me going here, so i just HAD to try it, I use a M1 RGBM, I just pulled everything out using my HP Desktop XP home, just pulled 50 dives off my computer NO problem,..

Than I hooked up my serial to USB2 adapter, and preformed the same download to my HP zv 5202us laptop XP home,...also no problem

They're back,..you must have someting conflicting, or trouble brewing on your system.

I have Norton Antivirus 2005 enabled on both machines.

Dan

I finally got my IRIS to work with a serial-to-USB connector. Turns out there were a few tricks to watch out for:

1.) Make sure that you load the driver software that comes with the serial-to-USB connector. Don't let Windows select one for you. This messed me up for days, and I finally de-installed the device and driver via Device Manager (control panel -> system -> hardware -> device manager) where it should show up as a COM port.

2.) Once you have the correct driver installed, make sure that the COM port assigned to it by Windows is 1-4. (You can check and re-assign via Device Manager as noted above.) Mine originally picked COM8, which is higher than the IRIS software allows.

3.) Make sure that you have the latest IRIS software (2.2) which includes the NEMO. This can be downloaded from the MARES website (http://www.mares.com/catalogo/sched...a=67&lingua=eng)

4.) When you run the IRIS software, make sure that the COM port # is the same as the one you selected for the USB connector.

Should work after all that.

Ray.

Hi all

All my M1-rgbm to IRIS problems have been solved.... I tip my hat to the people at Mares... They sorted out the very strange problem that I described earlier on this thread.

DI_Guy

blowin_bubbles:
[QUOTE=Zed]I have been on the phone with Mares support in Ct. They are mystified… They say it “should” work with XP pro but the tech at Mares had Windowz 98 on his machine !! The tech told me a week ago that he would check with the programmers in Italy (who probably get support from a call center in India – but I’m not bitter or nuthin…). I await their answer.

I think everyone on scuba board should call Dave at Mares (800-432-3872) and tell them that they have the same problem. Perhaps that will make something happen. :saeek:

It is ridiculous that such an expensive computer does not work. I should have stuck with my cheap and trusty Atmos II…[SIZE]

Hey Zed .... Any luck? I can't get the damn thing to work either ...uugghhh!

No Luck at all. Mares support said send it back to the reseller. The reseller has a 30 day return policy.

If anyone has any ideas short of a lawsuit, lay it on me...

blowin_bubbles:
[QUOTE=Zed]I have been on the phone with Mares support in Ct. They are mystified… They say it “should” work with XP pro but the tech at Mares had Windowz 98 on his machine !! The tech told me a week ago that he would check with the programmers in Italy (who probably get support from a call center in India – but I’m not bitter or nuthin…). I await their answer.

I think everyone on scuba board should call Dave at Mares (800-432-3872) and tell them that they have the same problem. Perhaps that will make something happen. :saeek:

It is ridiculous that such an expensive computer does not work. I should have stuck with my cheap and trusty Atmos II…

Hey Zed .... Any luck? I can't get the damn thing to work either ...uugghhh!
[/QUOTE]

Just thought I would let you guys know that I have managed to get my IRIS and Titanium NEMO to work together, finally!!! I have tried to get the two to work for a couple of weeks but no luck until today.

I have a Win XP Pro AMD computer. The IRIS was attached to Comm2. I then did the usual download procedure as described by the IRIS software. But this time I ignored the pictures in the onscreen help.

For those that don't know it is the 6 oclock position of the NEMO where the IR port is, so get this section about 5mm from the IR port of the IRIS. Then get the NEMO into PC mode. When you hit the OK start to dowload button on IRIS. Press the enter button on the NEMO again so that the minute marks are flashing. If the gods are on your side you just may have the same luck I did.

Back
Top Bottom