mares v16 proton metal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oscar_2424

Contributor
Reaction score
hello after consider many options i bought the mares proton metal reg, my local diveshop told me that it was good for nitrox (eventually iam gonna take this course) however after reading the owners manual it says that it should only be used with normal air. i contact my lds and they told me again that it was safe for up to 40 % can anybody tell me if they have try nitrox with these reg

Works fine

oscar_2424:
hello after consider many options i bought the mares proton metal reg, my local diveshop told me that it was good for nitrox (eventually iam gonna take this course) however after reading the owners manual it says that it should only be used with normal air. i contact my lds and they told me again that it was safe for up to 40 % can anybody tell me if they have try nitrox with these reg

Mares is merely covering themselves with a legal disclaimer. You have absolutely nothing to be concerned about. When technical grade mixes (over 40% up to pure O2) are used then regulators need to undergo special cleaning, along with oxygen service materials in the first stage.

Greg Barlow
Former Science Editor for Rodale's Scuba Diving Magazine

Hi !

I have the Mares V16 Proton metal as well, and I dive with Nitrox up to 40% as well as with air. There is no problem at all.
Normally, it is possible to dive with Nitrox up to 40% with all regulators.
You just need to have a specified equipment when you use nitrox of more than 40% 02.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom