Mares Vector LX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

redart

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi,
I have a question relating to a Mares Vector LX BCD that I'm hoping one of the Mares people can answer for me.
There's an air dump valve at the bottom of the jacket (pic circled 1), and then there's the valve assembly where the air hose attaches near the top (pic circled 2). Question is, is this also a dump valve?. I don't recall ever using it as such, but I recently sold the BCD on eBay and unfortunately the buyer has had a problem with it, in that the air hose has come off after he pulled on it to dump the air.
Can anyone tell me if this part has a secondary air dump built into it or wether it is just the attachment for the hose and shouldn't have been pulled on ?.
Thanks.

Attachments

• IMGP5714.jpg
    IMGP5714.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 1,399
Hi,
I am not 100% familiar with this bcd as it is a pretty old model. However the valve you point out appears to be an exhaust valve that can be opened by pulling on the corrugated hose. The good news is, the problem can most likely be very easily solved by a local dive store, particularly an authorized Mares dealer.

Not having in hand and not knowing exactly the problem, I cannot offer any fixing advice over the board. I hope you can work this out equitably with the person you sold the bcd to.

Thanks,

Zak

I have a Vector Origin that I use in the pool. The valve assembly attached to the corrugated hose is another dump valve. However you have to pull on the inflate/deflate at the end of the hose because there is a wire running from the dump valve to the inflate/deflate assembly. Pulling on just the hose won't work, which is most likely why the hose came off. He should be able to just reattach the hose and tighten the hose clamp or tie wrap.

Thanks very much for the replies guys. I received another couple of pics of the BCD and have attached one, showing the entire valve assembly has departed from the jacket, not just the hose. The buyer has stated that "the plastic ring in the inside of the bcd had perished and so had the screw fitting that attaches it", and also that he had been in touch with Mares who have advised him that it's probably not fixable. Under the circumstances I think I will offer him a refund, as it certainly appears that the BCD has suffered a major failure, probably due to age degradation of the glues and/or plastic that holds this valve assembly in place. Thanks again for your help.

Attachments

• P3160881.jpg
    P3160881.jpg
    415.4 KB · Views: 983
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom