Mares Voltrex

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Greg Barlow is a great source of info on Mares regs. I often bookmark his posts and printout his advice regarding tuning the Mares regs I own.

Greg...Mr Barlow, was my Science teacher when I was in 6th grade many years ago, I had alot of respect for him back then....he could swing a mean paddle!...LOL

He was always thorough with his teaching and the best science teacher I ever had, I enjoyed having to make the notebooks we did from all his notes on the board....and there was alot of them! I think I still have them to this day and he is the main reason I got into scuba diving, but wasn't until I was 17 years old that I could do it...I had always thought back on his teaching and speaking of scuba diving in the classroom that led to my interest in diving.

Thanks!

I hooked all 4 sets up before I left to check them, make sure there were no leaks, freeflows, all the hoses looked good, octos were good and gauges were fine.....all in all 4 complete reg sets for 120.00

The high pressure spool was leaking on one of the gauge sets so he swapped it out with another set for me, so can't complain, I even picked up 10 alum 80's and 6 alum 63's all in hydro and vis for 40.00 each :)

I think I made out pretty good!

...16 tanks ??? !!! .....and live in Ohio ? ....must be some awesome quarry divin' up there....... :)

I figured with one of my sons now certified I will hit the water much more and between the 2 of us we could burn up 12 of those tanks easily in a weekend.

Hi Nick_R:

Thanks for the picture of your setup, it's nearly identical to my very first regulator that I owned (Mares MR-12DFC Navy with Mares Beta Octo). Most will think me nuts, but I like the hose routing of that MR-12DFC regulator better than the one from my US Divers SEA or MR-42 first stage.

I think I'll go teery eye if I see a black J-shaped snorkel with a bright orange tip. :)

CHL

Hi Nick_R:

Thanks for the picture of your setup, it's nearly identical to my very first regulator that I owned (Mares MR-12DFC Navy with Mares Beta Octo). Most will think me nuts, but I like the hose routing of that MR-12DFC regulator better than the one from my US Divers SEA or MR-42 first stage.

I think I'll go teery eye if I see a black J-shaped snorkel with a bright orange tip. :)

CHL

All the regs work great, I have a brother stationed in Germany that is getting me the viton service kits for the MR12, standard kits available in the USA just no viton ones that I could find. also found plenty of the tri-material seats.

I also found plenty of the voltrex service kits, so have several sets on the way :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom