MARES VS OCEANIC! Who makes better regs?

Who makes better regs?

• MARES

Votes: 20 43.5%
  • OCEANIC

Votes: 26 56.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Strictly a matter of personal preference.

Who is a better over-all reg maker? Take all factors into consideration like customer support and service etc.

:popcorn:
I think that both are equally good,service factor i would have to go with Oceanic.
If i lived in europe it would be the other way around:D

Who makes a better 600cc sport bike? Honda or Kawasaki? My point is that both dive gear companies make excellent products. I am an owner of several Mares regs, but Oceanic also makes fine regulators. Personally, I like Mares Proton Metal second stages for my diving, but that is strictly my opinion.

I would make certain that you have a skilled technician who services your gear. Parts changers are simple to find, skilled technicians are much rarer.

Greg Barlow

Nice change from the usual Scubapro vs. Apeks thread, I guess...

There is a saying "there is not such thing as a stupid question". I think I found the exception.

I prefer Mares but that's just personal preference.

Have a look at this link 101 Dive World Records

101 divers breathed off a standard MR22 for 40 minutes at 1.4 metres. Then to top it 25 divers went to 40 metres for 10 minutes, not bad performance at all.

Back
Top Bottom