Mares Warranty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Today I was at my local dive shophere in Canada with a question concerning the annual service of two Mares products I purchased under the warranty.

The owner of the dive store informed me that I cannot service my regulator and BC under the warranty here in Canada because I purchased them from the U.S. and that I have to send the products to the stores in the U.S. to be serviced under the warranty.

I went through the warranty information and I found no limitation based on the country purchased stated here. I contacted Head USA and they confirmed to me that the warranty apply in Canada the same as the US regardless from which country I purchased the products from as long as I purchased them from an Authorized Dealers.

Calling the dive store back he rejected what Head USA and directed me to contact the Mares Sales Representative in Canada.

As my attempts to contact Mares Rep in Canada has failed I am directing the question to you in order to confirm if I can service my Mares products here in Canada regardless which country I purchased from or not.

Also if this is an old policy I suggest to update the Mares dealers and representatives here in Canada.

I appreciate looking into this matter and your rely.

Hi,

Is this a regular service or is there an issue with the regulator? On regular service, if it is covered under our parts policy than the dealer charges you labor and the parts are free.
If it is an issue, than the dealer should help you. Something does not sound correct since on service the dealer would get paid labor and on a problem they would contact us....

Please PM me some contact info for you, where in Canada you are located and the name of the shop. Are they an Authorized Mares Dealer?

We will get it taken care of for you.

Regards,

Phil

Back
Top Bottom