Marietta Landing, Lake Murray

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Debraw

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I made it out to dive at Lake Murray last Saturday, and although it was pouring rain in the metroplex it was great up there! It's about 90 minutes from my house in Grand Prairie. Water was about 80, visibility was about 10 feet more or less depending on who you asked. The dive shop I was with, IARTD , was having a trash clean up for PADI Aware. We all grabbed a bag and pulled up bottles, cans, tires, a computer monitor, and various fishing lines and lures. The big pull of the day was a mattress and a microwave! The parks department was out there with a barge and pulled up the mattress and microwave. Troy and I brought our boat and we went and dove the little island that was near Marietta landing. It was shallow, grassy, silty, a few fish and no trash. Nice day, good cause! Pictures are on my Facebook page . hopefully you can see them, not sure about the link.

I hear there is a big metal cage trap down there at about 70 feet.
They say it holds the remains of one of the old Moonshiners and below that are the tubes to drain the lake at about 95 feet.
:wink:

Sounds like fun. I love that place!

Back
Top Bottom