Marina Terra, San Carlos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Roper

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey all, was just wondering if anyone has stayed at the Marina Terra hotel in San Carlos?

Thanks

I did last October. What did you want to know?

Might also ask this question in SW SandSharks as a lot of the diveops from Phoenix and Tucson do monthly trips there.

Since this used to be Plaza Las Glorias I was just wondering if the beds are as brutally hard as the ones that used to be in Plaza Las Glorias, Cozumel?
We are going to be there for a week of diving next month and I would like to be able to get a good nights rest without sleeping on the floor. No biggy, just wondering.

Thanks
Steve

I don't know since we rented condos instead. You might consider it also, it's cheaper than the hotel room rates and on the hotel grounds so you can use all the amenities. There's a market across the parking lot from the condos also.

We rented condos from Fred Carter at Ocean View Realty. Mine was Unit A17. My friends rented Suite 302. Theirs was actually upstairs in the hotel. OV has about 4-5 different sized rentals at Marina Terra. Fred's office is about 100' from the lobby entrance.

Going for the Hammerhead migration? We missed it last year by a week. Who are you diving with? If you don't have anything booked, try Surface Time. They're just next door to the hotel. They run small groups on their boats. El Mar, Gary's etc. book out of their offices in town, even though their boats are docked in front of Marina Terra.

... I was just wondering if the beds are as brutally hard as the ones that used to be in Plaza Las Glorias, Cozumel?

Oh, yeah... firm mattress on top of concrete! Every room.

Thanks for the replies. Hammerhead migration? Have not heard of that one. We are going down with a dive shop to do our Rescue Divers scenarios and to do a little diving. I think they have already booked with Ocean Sports.

Hard beds, Oh Goody. Wonder if they have those "egg crate" mattress liners? The hotel had them in Cozumel; made the beds tolerable. Guess we'll find out.

Have a Great Day
Steve

Scalloped Hammerheads (not the big boys) school off the southern tip of San Pedro Island sometime in October before migrating south. Usually deeper than rec limits. We went looking for them last year but the vis was terrible. We attribute it to the water temp changing and the tides due to a full moon. And we really didn't get deep enough. The second day, my buddy found a thermocline around 80', it was clear below that. But no sharks...

My LDS mgr. told me that it's not like Cocos where they swarm overhead, more like you'll maybe see them off in the distance if you carefully sneak up on them. Until the temp changes, the water around San Pedro is usually pretty clear so we were hoping....

Ocean Planet, a local lds has it down for Oct. 19-22nd this year.

Notice everybody who's posted here is "Steve". Great minds dive alike...

Back
Top Bottom