Marine Park Pass

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

$17 is what I have read.

Last edited:
This was originally posted by the owner of Chilli Charters. Rene Mena and the Mena family (Donna and Blondie) run chilli charters. They have been in business in Coz for decades. Some of you long timers might remember their captain Chilango as well. They run a first class charter business that will cater to your needs for diving, snorkling, fishing, ciello trips, subwing, Sunday cruising, etc. This is a true family operation that treats their customers like family as well. Try contacting Rene for more info.

Snorkel Tours - Chili Charters - El Cielo

P.S. The woman holding up the card and smiling in the picture is Tracy. She lives in Coz, and is very active in the REEF fish ID/educational programs. She has amazing fish spotting skills and is very knowledgeable regarding Coz critters. If you dive with Chilli Charters, you might be lucky to have her join you on the dive.

Last edited:
The link in the article doesn't work! I've heard of the existence of annual passes to the marine parks but have never been able to find a place to get one. Is there any way to get a card before arriving on the island?

PS I also believe in unicorns.

Last edited:
Rena says check with your dive op. It sounds as though you have to show ID and stuff, so I'd not bet on prearrival availability.
Let us know if you find out differently, please!

I'm planning to ask about getting myself one this week.

I checked into this a few months ago with the marine park. There is a process and each individual has to apply for it directly through the marine park. From my understanding it applies to residents only, not tourists - unless something has changed since I asked about it in July.

Marine park guide renewal class started tonight but I was unable to attend due to illness - my staff attended, so I will find out if anything was brought up about this. There doesn't seem to be any clear answers to this yet.

My op sent the gopher in to check it. Apparently, you pay the money at the bank and then show up with that receipt and photo ID and get it done. I am going to try to snag mine next month.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom