Mask for large noses???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

securitydiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Greetings from Afghanistan. I would first like to introduce myself since this is my first post on the site. I am a newly certified diver and am already planning my next dive trip, cant wait.

Anyway, I am in need of a mask that is comfortable and seals well for people that have large noses. I have been endowed with a very long Italian nose and am already finding it difficult to find a comfortable mask that will actually seal properly. During my certification my nose was in constant pain and had to clear my mask every 3-5 minutes or more. Any help would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance for your time and comments/recommendations...

My friend has a hard time finding a mask that fits his nose; he uses an "old fashioned" one like this:
mask151m.jpg

Cost is about $15 - $20 USD.

I have been using the Mares X-vision and the Demon and the both work well for me.

I have the same problem, and yesterday I tried the Deep See Omni 4 window mask. It's now discontinued, but it worked well for me. I also have a narrow face, and the Tusa Liberator was killing me. I just ordered the Omni 2 (a current model) for a whopping $25, and I'll get it tomorrow. It seems to be the same overall shape as the Omni 4. If that doesn't work, I may try the X Vision Mid or the new MicroMask, but the MicroMask may have the same problem with the small nose pocket.

I received the Deep See Omni today. It's less than $25 at LeisurePro and fits like a charm. The nose pocket is really soft, so even if it rides up, it's frameless, and still feels okay. Plus, I have a narrow face, and it fits perfectly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom