Masks!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Hi guys,

I’m new to scuba diving and have started the padi open water course.

I’m trying to find a mask that fits and doesn’t leak however I’m struggling.

I have narrow small head and as a child had a head operation which has led to me having deeper temples than most.

I guess I’m looking for recommendations or what my options are to find a mask that fits and doesn’t leak.

I’ve tried the APEKS VX1 and a couple of others when I tried to go diving in the Red Sea last month.

Where in the UK are you?

Tusa Ceos are very popular with people of all head / face shapes even us grizzly bearded men with big heads and petite young ladies

If you can get your hands on Gull Vader or Mantis, I would absolutely recommend them. Japanese quality, comfort and style is hard to beat :)

Hi guys,

I have narrow small head and as a child had a head operation which has led to me having deeper temples than most.

I guess I’m looking for recommendations or what my options are to find a mask that fits and doesn’t leak.

I’ve tried the APEKS VX1 and a couple of others when I tried to go diving in the Red Sea last month.
Try this mask from MakoSpearguns:
I think they still accept returns for a full refund if it doesn't fit (@MAKO Spearguns ?).

It is my new favorite mask. I have 3: one on my face, one in my sidemount pouch, and one in my save a dive kit.

Hi guys,

Basically impossible for anyone on this board to recommend a mask that will fit you. The only way you will find one that fits is by trying them on in person.

The mask that someone with a "narrow small head" says is the best fitting mask for them may leak like a sieve for you. It is literally impossible to find a mask that fits by reading about it online.

I would highly recommend to go to a store and try all there masks. If they don't have on that fits perfect. Don't buy it. I would also recommend to not look at style at all. Just try them all.

I would rather have a mask I personally saw as ugly but with great fitment than a leaky one which looks cool.

I had a hard time finding a mask myself. I tried about 15 when I bought my first one. Was not great. Went to a different store. Tried on another 30 masks of which 2 seemed alright. The one I deemed as not so good looking (did not like the color options) fitted a bit better so I bought that one in pink.

As others have said, don't buy anything you can't try on first or return for a full refund if it doesn't fit.

For masks, fit is key! As long as it has tempered glass and a nose pocket, don't work about anything else.

Back
Top Bottom