Maui ATV tour help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DvrRick

Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, Ok, I know this is ScubaBoard but there is no ATVBoard and I don't know where else to turn. :D I have my diving booked for Oahu and Maui but need help deciding on a good ATV tour to take in. I will be in Kaanapali, Maui and realize I'll probably have to drive 1 to 2 hours to get to the tour site. I just don't know anything about the operators. I want a tour that covers the rainforest and waterfalls because I can see ranches here in CA. I know the hiking tours are much better for that but my friend cannot do those. Any help is appreciated.

Mahalo

Rick

I've been to Maui only a little over a dozen times but I've never heard of ATV tours through forests. Horseback yes; ATV no. There was a horseback outfit at NaPili that wound around forest trails -- Rainbow Ranch somethingorother. I don't know of anything else on the west side; there might be something on the northern side past Honokohau now that the belt road up there is mostly paved. There was another horseback outfit just past the homes and protea farms on the road up Haleakala; can't remember the name but it was a nice trot. The Hotel Hana also ran horses on Hana Ranch but the room rates were in the wow-we're-not-doing-this-again class. Heck, the drive on the Hana Highway has rainforest and waterfalls enough to satisfy -- it gets really scenic if there're people skinny-dipping. I've gone down from the back of Haleakala through the Kipahulu Forest Reserve but that was arranged with a non-profit eco-edu group on Oahu and it was a double over-nighter. I've heard of ATV rides on Ulapalakua Ranch but that's not "rainforest"; judging from the drive to Tedeschi Vineyards and beyond to Kaupo, the ranch seems more like open land with stands of eucalyptus trees. Not much help I'm afraid. Hey, there's supposed to be a hang-glide/parasail outfit that'll launch you from Haleakala down to Wailea -- I wanted to try that in the worst way but then she said she'd shoot me out of the sky herself. Sigh.

bluemagoo:
Hey, there's supposed to be a hang-glide/parasail outfit that'll launch you from Haleakala down to Wailea -- I wanted to try that in the worst way but then she said she'd shoot me out of the sky herself. Sigh.

I'm still laughing after reading this. Wow, can I relate :D. Thanks for the info on the riding, unfortunately my friend is too big to ride. ATV's would work but riding through Eucalyptus trees can be done in my backyard. I guess I'll hafta come up with another option. By the way, since I'm single now I'm skydiving in Oahu. :11ztongue

Thanks again

Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom