Maui Dive Op Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RobPNW

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My mother is thinking about getting a vacation rental for a week in Maui probably late October timeframe and it's big enough for a few family members so if anyone has any recommendations for week long package deal shops, please let me know. Normally, I wouldn't even consider it because of lodging prices but if I can crash there, it's a totally different story :cool:

Well, I guess this isn't going to happen considering Maui is a fire pit right now.

Well, I guess this isn't going to happen considering Maui is a fire pit right now.

FWIW, Maui is begging for tourism right now. Mālama ia Maui.

I'm heading there soon for a holiday. At this stage I'm planning on using Maui diamond for a lanai dive and then island style for molokini backwall. They seem to be the recommended choice for those 2 dives. South Maui is desperate for tourism now so please go and support them. That's what the locals I've been talking to have been saying anyways

I can’t read that it’s pay walled. What’s the tldr?

I can’t read that it’s pay walled. What’s the tldr?
I can’t read it either, but the gist of other articles I’ve read is that people are avoiding all of Maui, even though only part of it was affected by the fires. Places that rely on tourism in the other parts of the island are struggling.

This should be accessible to all: link.

Yep. Pretty sad. We were going to stay in west Maui but decided to rebook in south Maui even though the resort in west Maui said we were still ok to visit. South Maui businesses seem to be struggling big time, hopefully it picks up soon for them.

YES ! Please support Maui. Through early confusion I think some wrong messages were conveyed. There are super professional operations there to go along with incredible diving. If swell cooperates the shore diving there is also not to be missed. Makena Landing is one of our favorite dives in the islands. Thanks for your support in visiting and I hope you have fantastic vacations.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom