Maui in March

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KaizerWilhelm

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Found out today that I'm heading to Maui in March 2011. I'm super stoked!

More importantly, I'm the only one in my group that dives and I want to get some good diving in (it's my first warm water dives). Boat shore, I don't really care.

Any thoughts about who I should use as a dive op? Or is anyone gonna be there that I could dive with?

Also, I really want to bring my DUI CF200x as my exposure protection, any thoughts on that? Or should I just buck up and buy a 5mm full suit?

Cheers,

Will

Most often recommended boat dive operators are Ed Robinson's, Mike Severns, and B&B. All depart from the Kihei boat ramp....early in the morning (5:45 to 6:30). Pro Diver also gets mentioned, though not as often. Most recommended shore diving operator is Shaka Doug, though Maui Dreams gets a nod too. They also operate in the Kihei area.

I've seen folks dive in dry suits in Maui and although they always get comments, they're always warm. What exposure protection you choose to wear will be your call.

Do you know where you're staying? We stay in Kaanapali 1/2 the time we're on Maui and prefer the drive to Kihei to catch a boat rather than diving with Lahaina Divers to Molokini, though we do use them for trips to Lanai since I prefer the big 46' Newtons for the sometimes rough crossing.

We'll be on island in April, so will miss you by a bit. :(

Found out today that I'm heading to Maui in March 2011. I'm super stoked!

More importantly, I'm the only one in my group that dives and I want to get some good diving in (it's my first warm water dives). Boat shore, I don't really care.

Any thoughts about who I should use as a dive op? Or is anyone gonna be there that I could dive with?

Also, I really want to bring my DUI CF200x as my exposure protection, any thoughts on that? Or should I just buck up and buy a 5mm full suit?

Cheers,

Will
A 3mm full or a 5mm full will be more than warm enough IMO. I've dived both at different times of the year although the 5mm was a bit more comfy for long repetative diving. I think the coldest my computer ever registered was 74 f.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom