Maui Pix 10-21 Molokini - St Anthony with Makena Coast Charters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

howard4113

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Had a GREAT time (as usual) with the Makena Coast crew. Maui diver Pat and I paired up for the first dive around Reefs End. Saw a couple of grey reef sharks out in the blue. Huge Ulua came calling - and a couple or big bluefin as well. St Anthony was the second dive. Charlie Dolfun hammed it up! What a hoot.

Damsels on Elkhorn Coral
_DSC2418.jpg

Damsels on Elkhorn Coral
_DSC2424.jpg

Soldierfish - Bird Wrasse
_DSC2429.jpg

Orange Spine Unicorn (surgeon)
_DSC2433.jpg

Orange Band Surgeon
orangestripe.jpg

Ulua - a big one. There were many out today!
_DSC2435.jpg

Pennant Butterfly Fish
_DSC2449.jpg

Heading Up
_DSC2453.jpg

Charlie and Daniel discuss the finer points of diving
_DSC2457.jpg

Charlie between dives
charlie.jpg

Charlie during dive
charlie2.jpg

St. Anthony Wreck
stAnthony.jpg

Buddy Pat
_DSC2512.jpg

Topside
topside.jpg

Once again, thank you for the pictures -- they give me hope as another Edmonton winter approaches.

I especially liked the picture of the Orange Spine Unicorn (surgeon) fish. For some reason, that fish has become my favourite fish to see while in Maui. I love the markings and the colours of that fish. I've tried to get a decent picture of one, but my talents with the camera are severely limited.

Peace,
Dave

I've never done the St. Anthony, so thank you for that picture.

Do the Ulua have streamers off their fins when they are young? They look very much like the jacks we saw in Rangiroa, which do.

Wow what great pics, what kind of camera did you use??? I really like the pic of Charlie with thwe little fish and no mask. What a really cool pic.

That was the winning pic for me as well. It just looked so natural and that he belonged with the fish. To the OP, thanks for posting.

Wow what great pics, what kind of camera did you use??? I really like the pic of Charlie with thwe little fish and no mask. What a really cool pic.

I've never done the St. Anthony, so thank you for that picture.

Do the Ulua have streamers off their fins when they are young? They look very much like the jacks we saw in Rangiroa, which do.
Some do, yes. The jack in the photo is a Giant Trevally or Caranx ignobilis.

Randall's Shore Fishes of Hawaii makes note of the African Pompano Alectis ciliaris that has the long streamers as juveniles.

Back
Top Bottom