Maui scooter dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

choiahoy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My wife and I will be in Maui for a week (4 days in Kihei, 3 in west Maui), and I'm a bit curious about the scooter dives I've seen advertised.

Does anyone recommend them or an op? Do you ride the scooter the entire duration of the dive or is it more hop on/hop off to get to reefs that may be a long swim out?

I did a scooter dive 3 years ago with Greg and his wife Maui Scooter Dives. Best dive I've ever done. We dove off of Makena Landing and was really easy entry and to learn how the scooter works.

Maui Dreams rents scooters (and probably does guided tours as well). They are a superb dive shop with outstanding customer service and have my highest recommendation if you are staying in Kihei.

+1 for Tim Rollo at Tiny Bubbles. We did two dives, one of which was a scooter dive, with them last year, and both the dive op and dives were outstanding.

I would give www.mauiscooterdivers.com a call. I have dove with Greg and Liz on several occasions and always had a BLAST. They are great people and every time I go to maui we dive with them. Wish I were going soon to go again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom