Maui Trip report Aug 30-Sept 20th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

StuartT

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So I spent 20 days on Maui with my wife and managed to get 17 dives in over 9 of the days. Did 2-3 tank and 1-2 tank charter with Ed Robinsons, a scooter dive with Greg and his wife, and the rest a mix of solo and buddy shore dives. Got to see a Manta ray, eagle rays, white tips, grey reef sharks, octopus, turtles, various eels, nudis, turltles, flying gunnard(first for me) and all the usual reef fish.

Here are some pictures. Hopefully this link works

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.447814525271022.120388.100001274355272&type=3

Well Makena landing never disappoints. Saw a pair of eagle rays there for about 15 min. Both sides of white rock beach great. Found a turtle cleaning station out from the middle of white rock beach with 11 turtles one morning. Found the kangaroo nudi, pair of harlequin shrimp, and an octo there poking around in the coral heads. Joe, Ricardo, and Tiffany from Ed's were great again. For food Spagos at the four seasons awesome(mind you we get 2 for 1 which helps a lot), Mamas fish house amazing as usual, Monkey pod (new place cool pupus) If the facebook link for the pics doesn't work I also put some on my photos here. Just click on the photos under my profile. Oh yeah Joe found the lare hand sized spanish dancer at tank and landing craft with eggs to boot.
Plus Mana foods in Paia for local organic groceries

Last edited:
Spanish dancer

PICT0227.jpg

Here is the Spanish dancer Joe found at tank and landing craft site. It was about 6" long and was under a rock which also had eggs on it.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom