May 14 SB (and friends) Dinner?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cowboyneal

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Potential suspects:

ggunn May 5-19th Caribe Blu/ Blu Angel
Otter & 3 Buddies May 9-14 Hotel Cozumel/Dive Paradise (fast boats
Rich Hagelin May 8-15. Casa Mexicana, Blue XT Sea.
weking4 May 11-19 I well be at the Hotel Cozumel
Cowboyneal May 11-20th - Casa Mex/Dive Paradise
H2oDoc May 12-19 Caribe Blu/Blue Angel
Josh, Lisa & Maya (non diving toddler) May 12-19; Fiesta Americana/Blue Angel
Lisa0825 - May 10-18; Village Tan Kah
firedogut May 14-22 diving the 15-20. We will be staying at Hotel Coz.

A lot of us have on-island friends who are, of course, welcome, so invite away! Where should we plan to have this thing? Any suggestions?

Sundays are cool for being in town and around the square... Any chance of doing it on 5/13? I know that would leave out firedogut but either way, someone will get left out. With Otter's departure day being 5/14, I'm sure he'll be long gone before dinner unless he has some crazy late flight.

Sorry, not intending to make waves here. I'm down with whatever. I'll let ya'll figure out a place and time.

We might be up for this. I only say "might" because it is our trip away from kids and we don't get a chance to go out together too often!

Let us know when and where and we'll try to be there.

Any night the 10th through 17th is fine with me. If anyone can't make it one night, we could always meet up another night too.

13th or 14th works for me...someone decide! But I'm not going to be looking to be "around the square" since there are so many better choices outside of that...

cowboyneal:
13th or 14th works for me...someone decide! But I'm not going to be looking to be "around the square" since there are so many better choices outside of that...

The better restaurants may not be around the square, but Sunday afternoon/evening is a great time to be there, because (unless it has changed in the last couple years) it is "local time." Families come out with their kids dressed up SO cute! Last few times I was there, there was a live band (traditional music), vendors, etc. It's a great time/place for people watching, if you like absorbing local culture.

Lisa0825:
The better restaurants may not be around the square, but Sunday afternoon/evening is a great time to be there, because (unless it has changed in the last couple years) it is "local time." Families come out with their kids dressed up SO cute! Last few times I was there, there was a live band (traditional music), vendors, etc. It's a great time/place for people watching, if you like absorbing local culture.

That was my exact thought. Traveling with our 18-month old daughter, I/we have to pick and choose which nights to go out. Therefore, if we do something Monday, we'll probably stay in on Sunday. But either way, we'll hook-up with ya'll.

I'll also second cowboyneal that there are better places away from the square. Absorbing some culture then getting slap-happy with some fellow SB'ers, what could be better? Both are doable.

Since I purposed the day change, I'll let others choose the location. Anyway, I doubt any of you would be up for Mickey-D's. :D

On the date, so far we have:
5/13
Lisa0825
driftin' by (me)

5/14
?

Hopefully, some others will weigh in.

So, dinner first somewhere good, and then whomever wants to continue to the square may do so...perfect resolution! I'm in for either date (or both; I'm not shy about eating)...

We will be home on the 14th, so the 13th works better....I have to check with the others before committing so don't decide using us as a factor.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom